Wednesday 30 September 2009

Ooooh chilling...

After reading chapter four i have got chills up my spine! I did not see this turn of events happening. The description of the count in the coffin is just grotseque and creepy. I got goosebumps reading it! A personal lover of gore and anything vampy i am now begining to really like this book, although the langauge does confuse me -i am finding the use of my dictionary much appreciated!

The description of the women in chapter three goes back to theme my group talked about in the english presentation of 'blood lust' its very sexual like many other vampire novels. The description of the count's lizard-like crawling down the wall is very creepy. JH fear and aprehension and just plain terror is written very well in chapter four. Increasing suspicisions and then the revelations really help to captivate the reader.

As much of a wuss as i am, i definately will not be reading dracula before bed tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad you're enjoying it, despite the language! Although - it is also good exercise for the dictionary, and promising for extending your own writing vocabulary - just think how many more words you will have at your disposal when you begin to write!

    ReplyDelete